SAME DAY SERVICE • FREE SERVICE CALL WITH REPAIR
NO EXTRA CHARGE WEEKENDS, EVENING AND HOLIDAYS
AIR CONDITIONING REPAIR SERVICES IN ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA
There are many makes and models of AC units and each has different parts to pay attention to. When you meet with a professional from Able Appliance & HVAC Service, they will look at your AC unit and assess what repairs and maintenance it requires. Our AC technicians can take care of any kind of air conditioning job, so never try and do these fixes on your own. It’s our aim to ensure that your house is well ventilated and secure during the most extreme months of summer.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON TYPES OF AIR CONDITIONING REPAIRS IN ALEXANDRIA?
When your air conditioning stops working efficiently or stops working altogether, it can be a stressful situation. The expert appliance repair technicians at Able Appliance & HVAC Service have worked on all types of HVAC systems, from older systems that need a lot of maintenance and repairs to brand new units that need some minor adjustments.
Some of the most common AC system repairs in Alexandria include the following:
- Dead batteries: Sometimes getting your AC system to work is as simple as changing the batteries in your thermostat. Check your thermostat and try changing the batteries if you have a blank/faded screen.
- Outdoor disconnect switch is off: It is a mandatory safety issue to have an outdoor shutoff switch for your AC unit. Check to see if somehow the unit was switched off.
- Indoor disconnect switch is off: Another safety feature of most AC units is an indoor disconnect switch. Check to see if it’s accidently been bumped or turned off.
- Circuit breaker/blown fuse: Check to see if the breaker connected to your HVAC system has been tripped or if you have a blown fuse. Replace the fuse or reset the breaker as needed and ensure that it is not overloaded with connections.
- Blown transformer: Having a blown transformer connected to your AC unit will present similarly to a tripped breaker or blown fuse. If you suspect this is the problem, have a professional technician from Able Appliance & HVAC Service come check it out for you.
- Dirty coils: Your AC unit has coils both outdoors and indoors. Having both coils cleaned regularly is imperative to your HVAC system working properly.
- Dirty air filter: Your air filter needs to be changed our regularly and according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Over time, as dust and dirt accumulate, your filter starts to get clogged and air flow is obstructed. Without proper air flow, your AC system will literally freeze and won’t cool the way it should.
- Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant can leak from your AC unit. It will also need to be replenished on occasion, and this is the type of HVAC repair that must be done by a professional. The refrigerant is expensive, is stored under pressure, and requires training to be properly distributed into your AC system. If you have an older HVAC system, you may need your refrigerant to be recharged.
- Physical damage to AC unit: Perhaps your kids ran over the refrigerant line, or something on the unit was damaged by landscapers. Either way, there are many types of physical damage that can affect your AC unit. Don’t try to repair these by yourself! Let the experts at Able Appliance &HVAC Service take care of the physical damage and perform AC repairs for you. It’s easy for us to spot broken lines, detached wires, and burnt-out parts.
Simple fixes like checking the batteries in the thermostat and making sure the disconnect switches are on can be taken care of by almost anyone. The more complex AC repairs should be left to the professionals at Able Appliance & HVAC Service. Air conditioning systems involve a lot of moving parts, stable parts, heavy equipment, different types of fluids, and electricity, all of which needs to be handled with training, experience, and professional grade tools and measurement devices. If the air conditioning system in your Alexandria home needs any type of repairs that you are unfamiliar with, contact Able Appliance & HVAC Service. We specialize in appliance repair and can quickly diagnose the issues with your AC system and can get started on repairs right away.
We know that a broken AC unit isn’t just an inconvenience, but it can also be a health hazard because of excessive heat in the home. This is why Able Appliance & HVAC Service offers 24/7 emergency services, and we don’t charge an extra fee for weekend, evenings, or holidays.
CONTACT US IN ALEXANDRIA
Do you want to learn more about Able Appliance & HVAC Service’s air conditioning repair services? Call us now if your AC is faulty. Our dependable 24/7 services are there for your convenience. We can get to your home and repair your AC at any time. Able Appliance & HVAC Service is the most qualified, proficient option for Alexandria, VA. In addition to excellent AC repair services, Able Appliance & HVAC Service also offers repair and installation services for refrigerators, heating systems, washer & dryer units, dishwashers, fireplaces, and stoves and ovens. We are committed to keeping your appliances running and working properly 24/7, 365. Call us today.
Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia & North Virginia including: Alexandria, Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, Bristow, Clifton, Dulles, Dumfries, Fairfax, Falls Church, Great Falls, Herndon, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Oakton, Reston, Springfield, Sterling, Vienna, Woodbridge