SAME DAY SERVICE • FREE SERVICE CALL WITH REPAIR
NO EXTRA CHARGE WEEKENDS, EVENING AND HOLIDAYS
HVAC CONTRACTORS & HOME AC REPAIRS IN WOODBRIDGE, VA
With the summer weather in Woodbridge, VA having a reliable and running air conditioning unit in your home is a necessity. However, when your AC is malfunctioning, it’s going to make for an incredibly brutal, hot season. But, you’re in luck! Able Appliance & HVAC Service can do a residential AC system repair for your property in or near Woodbridge, VA, and make those summer months more enjoyable for you.
Hiring a contractor for HVAC repair in Woodbridge can be a daunting task. Whether you have a new AC unit that needs a few tweaks or an older central air system that needs maintenance and repairs, Able Appliance & HVAC Service is here to help you if you’re in or near Woodbridge, VA. We’re familiar with all types of air conditioners, and we can provide the necessary maintenance for them. We’ll do regular repairs on any air conditioning system as needed, and we also offer qualified emergency air conditioning maintenance in the Woodbridge area, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And, we don’t charge additional or higher rates for weekends, evenings, or holidays. If you’re experiencing issues with your cooling system, contact us at 703-916-0509 today.
You can expect the finest customer service and AC system repairs when our team arrives at your Woodbridge home, and if you need an entirely new air conditioning system, we can help you choose the right one for your home and budget and install it for you. We take pride in our excellent air conditioning repair services, affordable prices, and delivering the best results to our customers.
With so many different makes and models, air conditioners have many parts and features that require attention to detail. At Able Appliance & HVAC Service, our HVAC repair contractors will examine and inspect your AC unit meticulously before they determine what needs to be done in regard to maintenance on your unit. Our experienced technicians have the ability to take care of any sort of AC repair or installation. Don’t try to do these repairs on your own, because there are so many moving parts, AC units can be large and heavy to deal with, the potential need for specialized tools, and the dangers of working with electricity. You need a professional from Able Appliance & HVAC Service to handle the job, so that you have cool air blowing in your Woodbridge home.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON REASONS FOR AC SYSTEM REPAIRS IN WOODBRIDGE?
It’s never a good surprise when your AC unit is struggling to keep your home in Woodbridge cool or when it stops working completely. With humidity and the high temperatures reaching the 90s, regular central AC repair and HVAC repair and maintenance are extremely important.
These are some of the most common reasons you might need AC system repairs:
- Dead batteries: Sometimes getting your AC system to work is as simple as changing the batteries in your thermostat. Check your thermostat and try changing the batteries if you have a blank/faded screen.
- Outdoor disconnect switch is off: It is a mandatory safety issue to have an outdoor shutoff switch for your AC unit. Check to see if somehow the unit was switched off.
- Indoor disconnect switch is off: Another safety feature of most AC units is an indoor disconnect switch. Check to see if it’s accidentally been bumped or turned off.
- Circuit breaker/blown fuse: Electricity can be a wild creature. Check to see if the breaker connected to your HVAC system has been tripped or if you have a blown fuse. Replace the fuse or reset the breaker as needed and ensure that it is not overloaded with connections.
- Blown transformer: Having a blown transformer connected to your AC unit will present similarly to a tripped breaker or blown fuse. If you suspect this is the problem, have a professional technician from Able Appliance & HVAC Service come check it out for you.
- Dirty coils: Your AC unit has coils both outdoors and indoors. Having both coils cleaned regularly is imperative to your HVAC system working properly.
- Dirty air filter: Your air filter needs to be changed our regularly and according to the manufacturers instructions. Over time, as dust and dirt accumulate, your filter starts to get clogged obstructs air flow. Without proper air flow, your AC system will literally freeze an won’t cool the way it should.
- Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant can leak from your AC unit. It will also need to be replenished on occasion, and this is the type of HVAC repair that must be done by a professional. The refrigerant is expensive, is stored under pressure, and requires training to be properly distributed into your AC system. If you have an older HVAC system, you may need your refrigerant to be recharged.
- Physical damage to AC unit: Perhaps your kids ran over the refrigerant line, or something on the unit was damaged by landscapers. Either way, there are many types of physical damage that can affect your AC unit. Don’t try to repair these by yourself! Let the experts at Able Appliance & HVAC Service take care of the physical damage and perform AC repairs for you. It’s easy for us to spot broken lines, detached wires, and burnt-out parts.
It’s easy to replace dead batteries and to reset a breaker, but for more intensive AC system repairs, trust the professionals at Able Appliance & HVAC Service to perform reliable air conditioning repairs and have your home in Woodbridge back at a comfortably cool temperature.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS MY AC UNIT NEEDS REPAIRS?
Air conditioners are extremely efficient machines but over time, they can wear out or some of the parts can cease working. There are a few signs you can look out for to figure out if you need professional air conditioner repairs. Some of the common ones consist of:
- Restrained airflow – In the summer, it’s easy to know when your house is heating up and not getting any cooler. This is pretty common with most AC units, and it could be due to a broken compressor, dirty air filter, or the air ducts in your home are clogged and they’re restraining any cool air from entering into your house.
- You hear strange noises coming from the unit itself – It’s critical to be aware of how your air conditioner operates, and this includes knowing what your AC unit sounds like when it’s in its working condition. Why is this important? Simply put, if you know what it’s supposed to sound like, you’re more aware of any strange noises that could occur when your unit is malfunctioning. Grinding, grating, or squealing are common sounds that come from a broken AC unit. If you notice any of these noises, then it’s time to call a professional HVAC specialist.
- Foul odors – It’s quite possible for mold and mildew to grow inside your AC unit, so be aware of any musty smell coming into your home. Another issue with odors is when your AC unit’s wire insulation burns.
- Moisture accumulation – A refrigerant leak or an impaired condensation line could lead to moisture accumulating around your unit.
LET THE PROS HELP & CONTACT ABLE APPLIANCE & HVAC SERVICE
Let the pros from Able Appliance & HVAC Service help you out. We can repair your AC unit in a timely manner so that you won’t have to suffer through those hot, summer months in Woodbridge, VA. Contact us today at 703-916-0509 or 703-330-4772.
Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia & North Virginia including: Alexandria, Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, Bristow, Clifton, Dulles, Dumfries, Fairfax, Falls Church, Great Falls, Herndon, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Oakton, Reston, Springfield, Sterling, Vienna, Woodbridge