The latest home appliances ensure tremendous ease and comfort to families all around. Various appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, refrigerators, ovens, and many more have become the need of every household. Routine cleaning can help save money and elongate the estimated life of your home appliances.
But, it is essential you take a certain amount of care and maintenance of home appliances to keep them operating in their prime condition. Neglecting care can make your home appliance warranties void and you might even end up paying unwanted expenses.
Here are few important tips on how to efficiently clean your beloved home appliances!
The Washing Machine
• Use a high-quality washing-machine cleaning agent on a monthly basis to clean out your washer.
• Be sure to leave the lid or door to the washing machine open after every load allowing the moisture inside the drum of the machine to evaporate.
• Regularly clean all spills inside the microwave oven to avoid long-term stains.
• Always use a soft cloth when cleaning the microwave. Using harsh pads on microwave ovens can cause scratches.
• It’s important to clean the edges of microwave doors carefully as it’s an integral part of the oven that saves users from deadly radiation emitted.
You can use a spray-on oven cleaner or scrub the oven down with a powerful agent such as baking soda and vinegar, but many ovens have a self-cleaning feature, so don’t be afraid to use it! The oven attains very high heat, burning off any food inside. Afterward, all you have to do is wipe away all the crumbs!
• Make sure to have a cool bag or spare freezer on hand before you try cleaning this appliance! You will need to empty out the entire freezer to activate the defrost mode.
• Once completed, you can clean the interior with a cup of water mixed with white vinegar and a spoonful of detergent liquid.
• Finally, dry the freezer with paper towels and refill it before turning it back on.
Your fridge is probably the first kitchen appliance you’ll need to clean as it quickly becomes obvious when the smell hits the room upon opening the door!
Here are a few fast ways to keep your fridge clean and fresh:
• Clear out the fridge and wipe it down weekly before you visit the supermarket so it’s clean and ready for the week’s grocery supplies.
• Use a sponge soaked in baking soda and water to clean the fridge shelves and drawers.
• If your fridge uses an ice maker, be sure to clean it once a month.